When you’re driving or outside but the screen on your Apple Watch is too dim to see, it can make for a dangerous situation. Thankfully there are steps you can take to fix this problem.
If your apple watch screen is too dim, you can fix the issue by turning on “Brightness auto-adjust.” Read more in detail here: apple watch brightness not working.
Is your Apple Watch’s display suddenly too dim? There are a variety of causes for this, as well as a variety of treatments. If the screen on your Apple Watch becomes dull, here’s what you should do.
All smartwatch devices, including Apple Watch Series 7, Series 6, and SE, with all versions of watchOS, are covered by the solutions below.
The issue might emerge out of nowhere. For instance, once the smartwatch has frozen. You may notice that your Apple Watch’s screen has dimmed after you’ve solved the issue. In other words, the screen’s brightness has significantly decreased, and this is really obvious.
Don’t be alarmed; this is a rather simple issue to resolve. We’ll tell you what to do about it in the sections below.
1. Manually adjust the brightness.
Apple Watch’s Auto-Brightness function adjusts the brightness of your wristwatch screen according to your surroundings. If the screen brightness is consistently too low, you may adjust it manually using your iPhone or the watch itself.
- Select the Settings app using the Digital Crown.
- Select Display & Brightness from the drop-down menu.
- To make the screen brighter, click the large sun symbol on the right.
You can accomplish the same thing on your iPhone by sliding the brightness slider in the Apple Watch app > My Watch > Display & Brightness.
2. Restart the Apple Watch
A reboot may assist with a wide range of issues. If you switch the device off and on again, most small issues will go away.
If your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, or other devices aren’t working, try restarting them first.
To restart your Apple Watch, follow these steps:
- Keep pressing the side button until you get the shutdown screen.
- Right-click the slider and drag it to the right.
- To turn on your Apple Watch, wait at least a minute and then push the side button again.
It’s acceptable if turning on your smartwatch takes roughly two minutes.
3. Use a flashlight on your iPhone or natural light.
If manually increasing the brightness was not feasible, there is another option. If you believe the screen was brighter previously, even at full brightness, try this:
- Placing your Apple Watch on your wrist is a good idea.
- Point your iPhone’s flashlight to the watch screen or go outdoors in the sunshine.
- The screen brightness should rise when you hold the watch up to the light.
At night, the Apple Watch screen dims automatically both inside and outdoors. Bring the watch close to a light source to raise the screen’s brightness.
4. Return the Apple Watch to its original state.
It’s possible that the issue is caused by a watchOS bug. Check to see whether an Apple Watch system update is available. Install it if this is the case.
More on this: How to Back Up and Restore an Apple Watch
5. Allow your Apple Watch to cool.
Is your Apple Watch a hot commodity? This might cause the watch to stop working properly. Remove the watch from the wristband, disconnect it, and set it aside to cool for at least 5 minutes.
6. Make use of a light dial.
A light dial may be used to visually brighten the screen. The solution isn’t flawless, but it makes a significant impact. You may also make the typeface strong and raise the font size. The “Screen and brightness” section has all of these options.
7. Restart the Apple Watch.
The options provided above should assist you in resolving your Apple Watch screen brightness problem. If they don’t function after that, disconnect the watch from your iPhone and reset it. Then restart the clock.
8. Get your Apple Watch fixed.
Take your Apple Watch in for repair if the display is still dim. It’s possible that the display is damaged and needs to be replaced.
See also: How to Force Apps to Close on an Apple Watch
Watch This Video-
The “apple watch 5 brightness problem” is a common issue that can be fixed by turning up the brightness.
- apple watch se too dim
- apple watch too dim in daylight
- apple watch 6 brightness problem
- apple watch dim screen with crown
- apple watch auto brightness