Nowadays, people use Discord to follow conversations of their favorite streamers and groups. If you want to join in on the group activity without switching back and forth between your browser and Discord, then here is a guide that will help you get started with sending videos on Discord using these 5 methods:
The “how to send videos on discord more than 8mb” is a question that has been asked before. Here are 5 different methods for sending videos on Discord.
Discord, as we all know, enables users to connect with others via numerous channels over the internet. The software is ideal for those who like chatting, conversing, or just hanging out. You can communicate with anybody you choose, whether it’s friends or relatives.
If you’ve ever attempted to transmit a video through Discord, you’ll know that it doesn’t always work. To send the videos, go to the message box and click the + symbol.
Choose the video you want to share before choosing upload; the video must be in the right format. Discord supports the following file types: MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, MPEG4, WebM, and 3GPP.
Also see: What Are the Benefits of Various Video Formats?
Furthermore, your membership is contingent on the sort of video you must provide. You may transfer MP4 files up to 50 MB in size with your Discord nitro membership, and you can transmit films up to 8MB with your regular Discord account.
The ways for sending videos on Discord are shown below.
Using a PC, send videos to Discord
If you need to transfer movies through Discord via PC, it’s an easy procedure until the files get extremely large.
- To begin, go to the channel or message to which you’ll be sending the video.
- Then, from the list of servers that you must access, pick the suitable option and locate the person to whom you must send a private message in your inbox.
- If you need to add additional characters to your message, click the (+) addition button at the bottom of the screen, which is to the left of the chat box.
- You may now search for the file on your computer and double-click it.
- The video will then open in a popup window where you may add comments, which will appear above the video.
- You may also use the “upload” option to upload video files that will be viewable to everyone on the discord server or sent discreetly.
- You can also download it by going to the top right corner and hitting the download option.
Also see: Discord vs. Clubhouse? What exactly are they? What is the difference between them?
Using the Discord mobile app, you may send videos to your friends on Discord.
- To begin, go to your phone’s app store and download the Discord app.
- Then choose the chat or channel where you want to transmit the video. You may use the same method to send a direct message.
- Pick the symbol of two overlapping individuals in the upper right corner to send someone a direct message, then select the person’s name and press the message.
- The picture icon, which is on the left side of the type area, must now be selected.
- If this is your first time using Discord, you will need to give access to photographs and videos.
- When you use Android, you will see a variety of file kinds, so choose the picture icon again. Select the picture symbol one more to enable this code to assist your phone’s gallery.
- If the film you want isn’t in the gallery, tap the file icon and choose the movies you want to save to your Android.
- Choose the video you’d want to transmit.
- An error will occur if the video is too huge; however, if you do not have a Nitro Subscription, you may upload the movie to Dropbox or share it as a link or via an app.
- If you’re having trouble selecting a video, go to the gallery, click on it, then pick sharing (the V with three dots) and then discord. You may now choose the channel you want to watch or DM the video.
- Finally, press the transmit button (which looks like a blue circle with a white paper aircraft on it).
IMGUR allows you to send videos to Discord.
Some of you may be aware that Imgur is a public image and video sharing website via which you may transmit any movie to Discord that is under 60 seconds long.
- To begin, go to the image website and register for a free account.
- After logging in, go to the upper left corner of the website and pick Add new post, which will appear in the green tab.
- Then, to upload the video, click or drag the picture or video there.
- Give your post a title now that video processing has begun, and then click on the post to the community to proceed.
- Right-click on your movie and choose “Open in a new tab,” then copy the URL address of the new tab.
- To transmit the video, navigate to Discord’s dashboard and choose the person to whom you want to send it.
- Now copy the code and paste it into the chat box.
YouTube videos may be sent to Discord.
You may use YouTube to disseminate a link to the discord video. Your video will be embedded in the app, and the receiver will be able to view it there.
- To begin, sign in to your YouTube account. You may transmit lengthy movies on Discord that are greater than 8 MB in size after logging in.
- After you’ve opened YouTube, click the video camera icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the YouTube app’s dropdown menu, pick upload video. You may either pick a video from your device’s library or go live.
- Drag a video into the Browser by selecting it or dragging it there.
- Give your video a title and a thumbnail.
- Copy the URL once you’ve selected done.
- Now copy and paste the URL into the chat box of the discord channel or to your selected contact.
- The link will now be included in the program, and the receiver will be able to view it.
Video uploading to Google Drive, Dropbox, Vimeo, and YouTube
- You may now save your movie to a storage device or an internet player with ease. You may share the Discord link without actually hosting the file on Discord.
- On YouTube, the maximum video upload size is 128 GB. You must increase your membership if you need to publish particularly huge files. Copy the URL to your video and paste it into Discord as soon as it’s ready.
- If you can’t download the video directly, you may share it to Dropbox, which is likewise quick and straightforward.
Frequently Asked Questions
On Discord Mobile, how can I transmit huge videos?
You may transmit files on Discord up to 8 MB in size if the file type is supported, but for larger files, you’ll need to subscribe to a Nitro account.
What is the maximum length of video I may transmit on Discord?
As stated in the post, the basic Discord video file size restriction is merely 8 MB. (Not available with a membership.)
Final Thoughts – Use Discord to Send Videos
All of the techniques for sending videos on Discord were covered in this article. We hope you will find it useful.
If there is anything in this post that you don’t understand, or if you have any additional questions, please leave a comment below and we would be pleased to help you.
Also, check out Groovy Bot for Discord: A User’s Guide, Tips, and Uses.
The “how to send large videos on discord” is a question that has been asked many times by users. This article will provide 5 different ways for you to send large videos on Discord.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you send videos on Discord?
A: You should be able to send videos from your desktop client, Discord. If you are not sure how to do this, please contact their support team and they can help you out
How do I send large videos on Discord?
A: You can send videos of up to 15 minutes on Discord.
How can I send video?
A: I can only send audio, sorry.
- how to send videos on discord mobile
- how to send videos on discord mobile 2020
- how to send videos on discord android
- how to send videos on discord without it being a file
- how to send videos on discord computer