The Origin app has been a popular choice for PC gamers since its launch in 2002, but it has recently become plagued by bugs and crashes. If you’re having trouble opening the game on your computer, then this article will help you fix the issue.
The origin won’t open windows 10 is a problem that has been present for a while. There are many fixes to fix the issue, but there is one that works for most people.
Origin is a prominent online gaming platform with a variety of high-octane titles such as Battlefield V, The Sims 4, and FIFA 19.
It also includes an online shop, known as the Origin Store, where you can quickly purchase new games for PC and mobile devices. So far, everything has gone well. It turns out that the “Origin won’t open” problem has been reported by several users.
If you’ve had a similar problem, know that you’re not alone; thousands of people have experienced the same thing. What you need to know is how to solve Origin won’t open or reply.
Well, you’ve come to the correct spot since I’ve listed many techniques for reviving Origin on your computer, the most of them work on both Windows and Mac, so keep reading.
Read also: How to Overclock a Monitor for Gaming (Higher Refresh Rate)
Before we go into how to repair it, let’s look at what’s causing the problem in the first place. There are a variety of reasons why the Origin application/software on your computer may stop responding.
Cache Files: Corrupted cache files are one of the deterrents, according to many user reports. I understand that cache files are the source of many problems, but why won’t Origin leave one behind? So there you have it.
Cache files are often kept on a computer to provide for quicker retrieval, although they are frequently erased. There’s a good chance that damaged cache files will cause Origin to crash. The best course of action is to repair it.
Issues with the Origin updater: The Origin program on your computer includes a background updater client that keeps it updated. However, it may cease responding at any moment, resulting in a slew of problems, including the program failing to launch or function.
Temporary files that are distorted: Temporary files are generated by Origin, just like any other application on a PC, to enable the function to operate properly. However, these files may get corrupted, which can lead to issues.
Of course, there are a few more causes, such as issues with Origin’s core files, to name a few. Now that you know what may be causing the issue, let’s look at how to solve it.
How can I get Origin to open on my PC?
Here are a few options for resolving the problem of Origin not launching on your PC.
#1: Make sure Origin is up to date.
To be honest, if Origin is upgrading itself, it may not react correctly, but this is just conditional on the specific update, since the software should function properly following the update. Follow these steps to see whether the software is upgrading itself or not.
- To begin, press “Ctrl+Alt+Del” on your keyboard to launch the task manager, or right-click on the taskbar and choose “Task Manager” from the context menu.
- Find “Origin” under “Processes.”
- Check to see whether it’s using too much bandwidth, causing it to update itself.
- Select “End task” from the menu when you right-click on the job.
You might notice an increase in bandwidth if the application is upgrading itself, so allow it some time to settle. If the application isn’t updating, go on to the next step in the troubleshooting process, which is detailed below.
#2: Restart the computer.
This is a very simple example. If you attempt to communicate with Origin and it doesn’t open or reply, restart your computer and see if it works. It’s a simple technique, but it’s effective.
#3: Empty the Origin Cache
This technique, according to the user community, works for the majority of problems that cause the application to become unresponsive or not open at all. Here’s how to go about it.
- To begin, log out of Origin and fully shut it down.
- Then hit Windows + R to bring up the ‘Run’ interface.
- In the text box, type ” percent ProgramData percent ” without quotation marks and click Enter or OK.
- From the numerous folders you’ll find here, look for the Origin folder.
- Except for “LocalContent,” you must remove all of the folders and files listed below. To begin the procedure, confirm that the same should be deleted.
- Using Windows + R, reopen the “Run” dialog box.
- Hit “OK” after typing “percent AppData percent ” without the quotation mark.
- You’ll be given a list of folders to browse through. Look for “Origin” and remove it.
- Look for “AppData” in the address bar at the top of the screen.
- Locate “Origin” in the “Local” folder.
- Select “Delete” from the context menu when you right-click on “Origin,” or press the “Del” key on your keyboard to confirm deletion.
- Finally, restart your computer and see whether Origin launches on your device.
#4: Make sure your graphics driver is up to current.
An out-of-date piece of firmware, software, driver, or application may wreak havoc on your system. As a result, it is always advisable to update the driver to the most recent version.
Why don’t you try upgrading the driver and see if it makes any difference since you’re having issues with the Origin client not opening?
#5: Do a thorough boot cleaning.
If you’ve heard of a clean boot, it’s a technique for manually disabling services and startups in order to identify software that’s creating an issue. To conduct a clean boot, use the troubleshooting procedure indicated below.
- To begin, hit the Windows + R keys together to bring up the “Run” dialog box.
- Enter “msconfig” (without the quotes) and press Enter. This will bring up the “System Configuration” window.
- From the pop-up menu’s tabs, choose “Services,” check “Hide all Microsoft services,” and then select “Disable all.”
- Tap “Open Task Manager” under “Startup.”
- Now click “Disable” on any or all of the items in the list.
- Return to “System Configuration” and press the “OK” button.
- When prompted whether or not to restart the computer, choose “Restart.”
- Open Origin and see whether it will open or not. If this is the case, go to the Startup tab in’msconfig’ and remove the program that created the issue.
#6: Make an exemption for Origin in anti-virus software.
The Origin software on your PC is resource-intensive and graphics-intensive, which means it consumes a lot of CPU and RAM to operate. Third-party antivirus products, it seems out, may add oddities not enabling Origin to function correctly, mistaking it for a possible danger. You may make an exception for Origin in your anti-virus software, which will allow the application to operate without any problems.
#7: Make sure you’re compatible.
This technique allows you to determine if Origin is compatible with your Windows operating system. Here’s how to go about it.
- Right-click the “Origin” icon on the desktop and choose “Properties.”
- To run the compatibility troubleshooter, go to “Compatibility” and choose “Run compatibility troubleshooter.”
- Then, from the menu, choose “Try suggested settings” and follow the on-screen directions. Tap “Troubleshoot software” if it doesn’t function.
- Select the Windows OS version you’re running and check “Compatibility mode” under the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check the boxes next to “Disable fullscreen optimizations” and “Run this application as an administrator” in the Settings menu.
- Finally, press “OK” to save all of your changes.
#8: The Origin application will not launch on a Mac.
If you’re a Mac user looking for a method to run Origin without it becoming unresponsive, you have at least three alternatives.
To begin, try restarting the computer to see if it makes a difference. Next, try deleting or trashing the Origin app and reinstalling it. If a glitch or flaw was preventing it from opening in the first place, this should resolve the issue.
With that, the article on how to repair the Origin won’t open issue comes to a close.
Also see: VALORANT’s 10 Best Vandal Skins (2021)
The origin won’t install is a common issue that many PC users are facing. There are various fixes to the problem, but the most recommended fix is to uninstall Origin and reinstall it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why cant I open Origin on my PC?
Origin is a gaming platform that has been discontinued. Please use the Steam website to purchase games.
How do you fix Origin games not launching?
You can try to reinstall the game or contact EAs customer service for help.
Why wont my Origin app open?
I am not sure what you are trying to do.
- origin won’t open mac
- origin won’t launch
- origin won’t open 2020
- origin not working
- origin won’t download