The OnePlus 6 was announced last month and it’s the company’s latest and greatest flagship smartphone. It’s been a few years since the OnePlus 3 was released, and with the OnePlus 5 it took a step away from pushing the boundaries of Snapdragon chipsets. This year, though, OnePlus is back to pushing the boundaries with the new Snapdragon 845.
Hi! This is Brian from brainster-tech, and today I will be covering the latest software update to hit OnePlus 6/6T. This is the OxygenOS Beta Channel, it is a stable version of OxygenOS, but it is very close to OTA (Over The Air) stable, so any bugs can be fixed quickly. The first thing you will notice is that the software update has removed the date from the status bar. Since all of the devices are currently being updated in parallel the status bar has just been removed to increase the consistency of the update. Also, there are a few changes to the notifications, so if you have the same notification style as the OnePlus 6 you will notice some changes. The OnePlus 6 notification
the first phone to run on Oxygen OS, the OxygenOS is the most stable Android skin out there. In fact, it’s so close to stock Android that it’s almost like you’re getting a Nexus phone for a fraction of the price. When we first got the OnePlus 6, this version of OxygenOS was only available in beta, but it was so stable, stable enough that it actually has the ability to auto-update itself!
Last month, OnePlus released first open beta build of OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) update for OnePlus 6 and 6T. After testing out the three beta builds. Yesterday, the company had kicked-off the stable Android 11 update for both OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. And the best thing is, the update is rolling out with a flurry of cool new features and improvements. Check out everything about OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T Android 11 Stable Update.
Both the OnePlus 6 and 6T were released in 2018 with Android Oreo OS, which was subsequently upgraded to Android Pie and Android 10 OS. Now, the smartphone is getting its third major OS update, Android 11 with OnePlus’ OxygenOS 11.
The entire build is approximately 2.10GB in size and has already been made accessible to certain users (most probably these are the users who have opted beta program). Within a few days, we may anticipate a broader deployment.
OnePlus Community (IMG)
This update will provide your OnePlus 6 or 6T smartphone a slew of new functions. It includes a redesigned launcher, new Ambient display clock designs, Game Area, and improved dark mode, among other things. You may, of course, use Android 11’s main features. You may see the full changelog before upgrading your smartphone.
Changelog for the OnePlus 6 / 6T Android 11 Update
- OxygenOS 11 has been updated.
- With numerous improvements of details, the new UI aesthetic design provides you with a more pleasant experience.
- Because this is a major Android version with many new features, the upgrading process may take longer than usual; please be patient.
- Game Space
- Fnatic mode transitions are now more easy thanks to the addition of a gaming tools box. You may now select between three types of notifications: text alone, heads up, and block, all of which are designed to enhance your immersive gaming experience.
- Quick reply functionality for WhatsApp and INS has been added to a tiny window (enable it by swiping down from the top right/left corners of the screen in game mode).
- A new function called “mis-touch prevention” has been introduced. Enable it by swiping down from the top of the screen, then clicking to bring up the notification bar.
- The camera’s user interface has been updated, and certain function routes have been streamlined to make it easier to use.
- Display in the Environment
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Canvas is a new function that can automatically create a wireframe image based on your phone’s lock screen photo (Path: Wallpaper – Canvas – Settings – Customization – Settings – Customization – Customization – Customization – Customization – Custom Choose a picture preview and it will be immediately created.
- Dark Theme
- Dark Mode now has a shortcut; pull down the Quick Settings panel to access it.
- Supported by a time period that is automatically enabled (path: Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to dawn / Custom time range in Settings – Display – Dark Mode
- The UI has been redesigned and is now more clear.
- Weather widget has been added, and the animation effect has been improved.
If you’re using OnePlus 6 or OnePlus 6T then you can move to the Settings > System > System Update, to check the new updates. As there are sometimes when OTA notification does not arrive, so it’s better to check updates manually. In case, there’s no new update, then I suggest you to wait for a few days or sideload the update manually.
However, before upgrading your smartphone, ensure sure it is fully charged and that you have a backup of any critical data.
You May Also Like – Download Google Camera for OnePlus 6 & 6T
If you have any questions, please leave a remark in the area below. Also, please spread the word about this post to your friends.
More Related Content:
It’s been a long wait, but Android 11 (OxygenOS 11) finally landed for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. After spending a good amount of time testing OxygenOS 11 on the OnePlus 6T in various configurations, I’m ready to declare it stable. That said, the update hasn’t been actively pushed to devices just yet, but if you’re on the latest OxygenOS Beta, you should be able to download the update and install it manually (as well as the full release, which is expected soon).. Read more about oneplus 6 android 11 update date and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- when will oneplus 6t get android 11 update
- oneplus 6t android 11 update download
- oneplus 6 android 11 update download
- oneplus 6t android 11 update release date
- oneplus 6 android 11 update date