There are some smartphone users who have faced problems with their phone like “Screen Overlay Detected” error message on their mobile. It can be an annoying problem for them. If you have done or tried any of the solutions listed below, then you can skip to the end and read the solution that fits you.
If you are experiencing the dreaded “Screen Overlay Detected” error on your Android smartphone or tablet, you might be wondering, “How do I fix this?” This article highlights the various fixes available for the same and also provides some useful tips to help you troubleshoot the problem further.
The screen overlay detection error is one of the most irritating problems faced by Android device owners, and it is caused by a conflict between the Android system and the screen overlay application.
Have you ever had an issue with Screen Overlay Detected on your Android device?
Do you have no idea what it is or how to disable it?
This article will explain what screen overlay is and how to resolve the Screen Overlay Detected problem on Android.
Screen Overlay Detected is a problem that many Android users are experiencing these days.
This is especially noticeable on devices running the Android Marshmallow operating system. This is a frustrating issue, and users are looking for a solution.
But, before you try any way to cure the error, you need first understand what Screen Overlay detected error is and what causes it.
Blog post contents
What Does Android’s Screen Overlay Detected Mean?
Screen Overlay Detected is a vexing problem that happens frequently on devices running the Marshmallow operating system.
This issue occurs when you try to install any new apps on your Android device that require permissions such as contacts, camera, storage, and so on.
If a screen overlay of a few applications is active throughout this procedure of granting permission, a popup alert indicating “Screen Overlay Detected” will appear.
Unless you turn off the overlay screen option in the programs, you won’t be able to move forward.
Screen Overlay is a crucial feature in most Android applications since it allows any program to appear on top of other apps.
The Screen Overlay of all apps should be switched off while requesting permission from users, according to Marshmallow Android terms and regulations.
It completely indicates that if you receive such an error on your smartphone, it will prevent specific apps from launching, effectively rendering your Android device worthless. However, it is not difficult to resolve the problem; however, various factors contribute to the error.
Reasons for the problem “Screen Overlay Detected”
- If you have Master Cleaner installed on your device, you may encounter this problem. If you force stop the Clean Master Program before installing any new app, this problem will go away.
- The Screen Overlay problem is caused by apps that are installed to ‘Boost’ phone performance. The solution is to force the app to close.
- Because of ES File Explorer, a lot of Android users get Screen overlay detected.
- The screen overlay reported could potentially be due to the power consumption app.
- On your smartphone, the DU Battery Saver App and DU Speed Booster is a device that increases the speed of a vehicle. can cause this issue.
Devices that have issues with Screen Overlay
Screen Overlay Detected is a common problem on Android smartphones running the Marshmallow operating system.
OnePlus, Redmi, Samsung, Oppo, Lenovo, Vivo, and a number of other companies have devices that support Marshmallow.
However, as you can see, each device has its own configuration options, but there is only one solution for all Android smartphones.
But first, let’s look at why this problem happens on Android devices and how to fix it.
Why does the error Screen Overlay Detected appear on Android devices?
You may have noticed several popups asking for permission such as Storage, Contacts, Recordings, and so on while trying to install any app on your Android smartphones running Marshmallow OS.
When the app’s active screen overlay feature is used, a window will appear that says “screen overlay detected.”
Unless you disable the app’s feature, this will continue. As a result, it’s critical to implement some long-term remedies so that you don’t have to worry about such errors in the future.
On Android, how do you turn off the screen overlay?
You will learn how to turn off screen overlay for all programs, including system apps, and the error of screen overlay detected will no longer occur.
This procedure differs for Samsung users, as explained in the following paragraph.
To turn off screen overlay on any Android device, follow the steps below:
- To begin, go to your Android phone’s Settings.
- Now go to the Apps section and scroll down.
- Now tap on the Three Dots icon in the upper right corner of your phone.
- Then choose Draw over other Apps from the drop-down menu.
- Select Show System Apps from the three-dot menu once more.
- The list of apps with system apps whose Screen Overlay is activated may be seen here.
- Finally, turn off the complete apps’ screen overlay.
So, now that you’ve disabled Screen Overlay for all of your apps, you won’t see this problem again. You may manually switch on Facebook Messenger’s chat head function if you want it to work.
On a Samsung device, there are a few options for turning off the Screen Overlay problem.
Many Samsung customers want to know how to disable the Samsung screen overlay. Here are the actions to take for them:
- To begin, go to Settings.
- After that, go to Apps and pick Application Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Now, from the right corner, select More.
- Choose from the Apps that appear at the top of the list.
- Select Show System Apps from the More menu once more.
- The active Screen Overlay will list all of the applications.
- Turn off the screen overlay of those programs individually here.
You have now successfully disabled screen overlay on your Samsung devices after completing all of the procedures.
On Android, how do you fix the ‘Screen Overlay Detected’ error?
Now it’s time to go through some of the most effective and practical solutions for resolving the screen overlay detected problem on Android.
Method 1: Look for apps.
To begin, look for apps that have been granted permission to draw on the screen. If you’re not a Samsung user, follow these instructions:
- To begin, go to Settings.
- On the upper right, click the magnifying glass.
- Now type ‘draw’ into the search box.
- Draw over the apps by clicking on it.
- Alternative route: Apps> [gear icon] > Draw over other apps
Users of Samsung devices should know that:
- Open the Preferences menu.
- Then Applications > Application manager
- Press on More > Apps that can appear on top
Method 2: Examine the app’s permissions
You should be able to locate a list of apps that can employ screen overlays or floating buttons.
Then you must locate the program that is causing the issue and temporarily deny it access to draw on the screen.
To identify the app that is causing a problem, look at the following points:
- If you see an app bubble on your screen, it signifies there’s a problem. So now you have to decide whether to hide or disable the app bubble from the list.
- Because the Clean Master app can cause issues, it’s best to turn it off.
- If any of the apps you’ve loaded affects the color of the display, it could be the source of the issue.
- Disabling all apps is the greatest option when you don’t get anything.
Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the app.
After disabling the apps, you should be able to relaunch them and seek permissions without encountering the “Screen overlay detected” issue.
Samsung users have reported a number of issues, including issues with one-handed keyboard settings.
So it’s better to deactivate it by going to Settings > Advanced features > One-handed operation.
Use Safe mode as a fourth option.
If all of the previous methods fail to resolve the issue, the final option is to enter ‘safe mode’ and resolve the issue.
It’s a feature on Android that controls app permissions. However, in order to use this app, you must first understand the app that is causing the issue.
Then follow the instructions outlined below:
- Press and hold the power button on your phone.
- Now tap and hold the “Power Off” option for a few seconds.
- After a few seconds, another window will appear, urging you to enable “Safe Mode.”
- After that, select “OK,” and your device will reboot in Safe Mode.
- After phone is switched on, go to Settings > Apps
- Scroll down and find the program that displays the screen overlay issue, then select it.
- Select “Permissions” from the app’s main page.
- You must enable all rights that the app previously requested.
- Restart your device after it’s finished.
Aside from that, there are a few program factors that can result in the Android Screen Overlay Detected problem.
Let’s look at some of the most typical apps that consumers install on their devices, but which cause mayhem for them.
Among the apps available are:
- DU Speed Booster
- UC Browser is a web browser developed at UC Berkeley
- Clean Master
- 360° Protection
- ES Explorer is a program that allows you to explore the
If you have installed any of the aforementioned programs and are experiencing problems, it is recommended that you uninstall them and, if there are any alternatives, install them.
How Do I Fix A Screen Overlay That Has Been Detected On WhatsApp?
Many people want to know how to remove a screen overlay that has been discovered on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, or any other social networking site.
If the problem is with WhatsApp, you must turn off all of WhatsApp’s permissions, which will resolve the problem.
How do I enable permissions on WhatsApp? Here are the steps:
- Then select Apps or Application Manager from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to WhatsApp or the app where the Screen Overlay Detected problem occurred and touch on it.
- After that, select Permissions from the drop-down menu.
- Then activate all WhatsApp permissions.
And now that you’ve made all of these modifications, it’s conceivable that you won’t run into Screen Overlay Detected WhatsApp.
If you ever have a screen overlay identified by Oppo or Samsung, remember to turn off all rights for that app and you will not have any problems in the future.
Error solution found on the screen overlay (App related solutions)
There are a few apps that can help you address the problem on Android.
To solve the problem, use the apps, which you can easily get from the Google Play Store.
Install the Alert Window Checker app first.
This app is similar to Button Unlocker in that it unlocks buttons. It looks for any apps that use screen overlay. You can disable any program by painting over app permission on the Alter Window Checker screen.
Simply download Alter Window Checker from the Google Play Store, install it, then use the Draw over applications permission to find the programs.
Install Button Unlocker as the second app.
This app is well-known for resolving Android-related issues. Because of a screen overlay identified error, using this program unlocks the install button. Follow the steps below to get started:
- To begin, go to the Google Play Store and download Button Unlocker.
- After that, install and run the program.
- Activate the app by clicking on Slider.
- Now, on the Accessibility Screen, select “Install Button Unlocker” and turn it on.
- Enable the option to “allow sketching over other programs” at the same time.
Well, Android users are prone to a variety of different issues on their smartphones, and ‘Screen Overlay Detected’ is one of them.
There are, however, solutions to this issue. I’ve explored some of the best solutions to solve screen overlay detected on Android in this post.
Hopefully, all of the approaches are efficient and will assist you in quickly resolving the issue on your Android devices.
You can also contact us through our social media sites, such as Facebook and Twitter.
Sophia Louis is a professional blogger and SEO expert. Loves to write blogs & articles related to Android & iOS Phones. She is the founder of Android-iOS-data-recovery and always looks forward to solve issues related to Android & iOS devices
Set the content for your Author Custom HTML Tab on your Profile page.
My phone’s started acting up recently, and I’ve had to deal with a few bugs while I’ve been searching the net for a solution. I’ve found a couple of good solutions to ‘screen overlay detected’ errors, but none of them work on the phone I have now, which is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I’ve found a couple of good solutions to ‘screen overlay detected’ errors, but none of them work on the phone I have now, which is a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I’ve searched high and low on Google, and…. Read more about draw over other apps not working and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my phone keep saying Screen overlay detected?
This is a message that your phone is detecting an overlay screen. Its usually caused by a virus or malware on your device, but it can also be caused by the game itself.
How do you fix overlays?
The overlay is a visual representation of the beat, which you can see by looking at your hands. If you are having issues with overlays, try turning off your PlayStation VR headset and then turning it back on.
How do I turn off screen overlay on Samsung?
To turn off the screen overlay on Samsung devices, go to Settings > Display > Screen Overlay and select Off.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- screen overlay detected whatsapp
- turn off screen overlay samsung
- how to fix screen overlay detected
- what is screen overlay
- screen overlay detected