Now that Windows 10 has been released, it is important for Mac users to know the best way to access it and install it. In this article, we will show you step by step on how to use VMWare Player to install Windows 10 on a Mac using a fresh install. With this method, you can install Windows 10 to any drive on Mac and you can install Windows 10 to Mac in two ways:
Windows is not the only operating system that is being replaced by Windows 11. It looks like Apple will also be following Microsoft’s lead in replacing their operating system. Apple’s operating system, called Mac OS, will be getting a complete makeover in the new version of Mac OS called MacOS (OS X for short).
Windows 10 is the latest version of Microsoft’s operating system and it has lots of cool features that make it a great operating system. However, there are some features that are not supported on Macs, which is why there is a need for an OS that can run on Macs. One such OS is WIndows 11. With Windows 11, you can run Windows applications on your Mac without any limitation.
The Insider version of Windows 11 was released recently, and few people are eager to try out the new version. And some Mac users want to try out the new Windows 11 on their systems, too. Yes, Windows 11 can be installed on Mac computers. You can easily do this on an Intel Mac and an Apple Silicon M1-based Mac by following these instructions for installing Windows 11 on a Mac.
Windows 11 has a ton of new features, from new UI elements like a centralized taskbar and Start menu to aesthetically pleasing wallpapers and even new system sounds that sound pretty soothing compared to the current Windows 10 sound alerts. Although this is an Insider Preview, you can expect some bugs to be fixed in future releases.
Read on to find out how to start Windows 11 on your Mac. Note that the method for installing Windows 11 on your Intel-based Macs differs from the method for installing it on Apple’s M1-based Macs. We’ll look at both options, but first let’s look at how to install Windows 11 on Intel Mac computers.
Installing Windows 11 on a Mac [Intel]
Almost all Intel-based Mac systems that support Bootcamp can install Windows 11 without any problems. Here is a list of Mac systems that have Boot Camp Assistant installed.
- MacBooks 2015 and newer
- MacBook Air 2012 and newer
- MacBook Pro 2012 and newer
- Mac mini 2012 and newer
- iMac 2012 and newer
- iMac Pro
- Mac Pro 2013 and later
Your system must have 64 to 128 GB of hard disk space and a Windows 11 ISO. Also, make sure you have the latest version of the operating system installed on your Mac.
Windows 11 ISO download for Mac
Although the Insider Preview version of Windows 11 has already been released, it cannot be found on the official Microsoft website. You should search for the ISO on Twitter or via a simple Google search. The Insider build of Windows 11 is numbered 22000.51 and weighs about 4.45 GB. The build version may still change in future Windows 11 updates.
Check Secure Startup Settings
The basic requirement of Windows 11 is that the device must have TPM and Secure Boot enabled. Therefore, make sure that the starting safety is set to full safety. To check your security system settings at startup, press the Command key and R when you see the Apple logo at system startup. Also make sure that the Allow booting from external media option is enabled.
Installing Windows 11 on an Intel-based Mac
- Create a Windows partition using the Bootcamp Wizard.
- Open the Boot Camp Wizard by going to the Applications > Utilities menu.
- Click on the Next button.
- You will now be prompted to search for a Windows 11 ISO file.
- After choosing the ISO file, you will be asked to create a partition. Here you can enter the size of your memory. It must be larger than 64 GB.
- Remember that you cannot increase or decrease memory after installing Windows 11.
Since you have assigned a memory size to the partition, Boot Camp will begin formatting the partition. Your Mac will now reboot. Enter your user password to begin installing Windows 11 on your Mac. Boot Camp will now ask you to select the partition you created earlier.
The installation of Windows 11 will now begin. Here you will see the changes made to the configuration interface when you are asked to enter information such as your system region, additional keyboard layouts, privacy settings, and the purpose of the system you are using. You will also be prompted to create or sign in to a Microsoft account, as you will need one if you want to use Microsoft’s OneDrive cloud storage.
Selecting a boot disk
Once the installation of Windows 11 is complete, the system will reboot. After the reboot, you will be asked to choose the boot drive you want to boot from. Select the Boot Camp drive to start Windows 11. You can also use the Boot Camp panel to select the primary boot method.
And there you have it! You now have Windows 11 installed on your Intel-based Mac. But what if you have a new Mac that uses the Apple M1 chip. In that case we have another method for you. Please read the following instructions.
Installing Windows 11 on a Mac M1 [Apple Silicon M1]
Apple’s new Mac systems now feature Apple’s proprietary Silicon M1 chip. This means that you no longer have Boot Camp Assistant. However, you will be using third-party software called Parallels Desktop. Parallels does not officially support Windows 11 at this time, but is already working on support for Windows 11. However, with a few tweaks, you can still install Windows 11 on your Mac M1.
M1 system with latest updates installed, Parallels Desktop, 22GB available memory. And the Windows 10 Insider Preview (ARM) ISO file.
Download Windows 10 ISO (Insider Preview)
You read that right: Windows 10. Although the Insider Preview version of Windows 11 has already been released and you can get an ISO of Windows 11, but since Parallels does not officially support it, we will install the Windows 10 ISO first. You need to sign up for the Insider Preview on Microsoft’s official website, and then download the Windows 10 Insider Preview (ARM version) ISO file. Since Macs with Apple Silicon chips support the ARM version, you will need to download the same version. Follow the attached video instructions.
Download Parallels Desktop
It’s like a virtual machine you can run on any Mac to learn about a different operating system. The program costs $9.99, but you can always use the trial version. You can download and install Parallel Desktop here.
Configuring Parallels Desktop
Follow these steps to start the Windows 11 installation process.
- Open the Parallels Desktop application on your Mac system.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to install the ARM version of the operating system.
- Click Next and select the Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO that you downloaded.
- You will now be asked to give your virtual machine a name. You can also just call it Windows 11 or Windows 10.
- You can also select the processor cores, amount of RAM and storage to run Windows 11.
- When you are finished with the configuration, click the Create button.
- When you are satisfied with your installation, click Lock and click Continue to start the installation of Windows 10.
Installing Windows 11 on a Mac M1
As you know, this is a workaround that requires some registry changes. You can also bypass the TPM check in the following steps.
- After installing Windows 10 Insider Preview, open the registry editor and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > WindowsSelfHost > UI > Selection.
- Now change the UIBranch value to Dev.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > WindowsSelfHost > Applicability and change the BranchName value to Dev.
- After changing the values, restart Windows 10. After Windows 10 starts up, go to Windows Update settings > Check for updates.
- It will now set the Insider Preview version of Windows 11, which is currently the latest version available.
- Now if you get a TPM related pop-up, here is the trick to bypass the TPM check. Do not close the pop-up window.
- Open the file explorer and locate the AppraiserRes.dll file. And when the file is displayed, navigate to the location of the file. Now right click on the dll file and select the option Cut.
- Then return to the pop-up page and click Next (the page may be in Chinese). Now it takes a few seconds and then it disappears.
- On the Windows Update page, click Troubleshoot to continue. The update is currently being downloaded. Meanwhile, create a new folder on your desktop and paste the AppraiserRes dll file into it.
- When you insert the file, a new pop-up window appears with the message Almost Ready. If you get the same error message, try the steps again.
- Close the pop-up window Almost done, and the download will continue without any problems. If the percentage has been exceeded when you get the error message, cut and paste the dll file to its original location.
- The Windows 11 update will now download and install on your Mac M1.
- When prompted to reboot, click Reboot Now and wait. After rebooting, you will find that your Mac M1 is running Windows 11.
That’s it, now you can use Windows 11 on your Mac M1 without any problem. To install Windows 11 on a Windows system using a virtual machine, follow these instructions.
Always make sure that you download files from reliable and verified sources. Unknown sources may contain prohibited files that can damage your PC. So if you want to download the Windows 10 ISO, it is best to do so from a reliable source or Microsoft’s official website. As you know, the Parallel team is working on official support for Windows 11. Once the update is available, you can install the Windows 11 ISO directly on your Mac M1 without any problems.
You may also like – List of games compatible with Mac M1
Here is the complete guide to installing Windows 11 on a Mac using the Parallel Wizard and Boot Camp. If you have any questions, feel free to ask in the comments section. Share this article with your friends too.
Other similar articles:If you are an Owner of a Macbook Pro and love the Mac OS, However, you are disappointed with the latest Mac OS v10.12, and want to install the latest Windows 10 on your Macbook Pro, then you are in the right place. In this tutorial, I’ll show you How to Install Windows 10 on Macbook Pro and Intel-based Mac computers (M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6, and M7).. Read more about how to install windows on mac and let us know what you think.
how to install windows 10 on m1 machow to install windows 10 on macparallelshow to install windows on macwindows 10 for mac freeinstall windows on mac m1,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to install windows 10 on m1 mac,install windows 10 on mac without bootcamp,how to install windows 10 on mac,parallels,how to install windows on mac,windows 10 for mac free,install windows on mac m1,install windows on mac from usb